Thousand Oaks Personal Injury Attorney
Available 24/7 818.783.5700
If you or a loved one have been injured at work, we're here to help.

Thousand Oaks Workers' Comp Attorney

Injured at work? Let us help you get the benefits you deserve.

At the Law Offices of Jeffrey S. Vallens, our Thousand Oaks workers' compensation attorney is a committed advocate for injured workers. Whether the injury took place on a construction site, while working in an office, on the streets or freeways, in a warehouse or any other location or circumstances, we know what to do.

Our founding attorney has over 20 years of experience in personal injury law and has been in practice since 1996. He has extensive litigation experience, and if you are having trouble getting your claim paid fairly, you should contact our firm at once. You need to be compensated fairly for the injuries. Once we take on a workers' compensation case, we fight for every possible form of compensation. We know just how important it is to you and your family that you get your benefits. We are available 24/7 and offer a free consultation.

Under state law, you have the right to recover workers' comp benefits if you are injured while performing your duties at work. Whether your injuries are related to repetitive motions, such as back injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome, or you are suffering after a sudden accident, it can be much more difficult to get your benefits than expected. Not only are the requirements extensive and complex, your employer could challenge your claim. This can make life very difficult, particularly since you are unable to work and earn a living. You may have failed to submit enough information to get your claim approved, or some other problem. We can help you appeal a denial, and should manage a serious injury claim from the outset.

In California, workers' compensation is managed by the DWC – the Department of Industrial Relations. The program offered in our state provides for a certain level of benefits for various types of injuries and conditions, and it can be confusing to understand what you could be eligible to claim. Whether you are temporarily disabled, permanently disabled, or you have lost a loved one in a work-related accident, it is important that you get help from a legal professional that understand the system and how to work within it and get results.

What workers' compensation benefits should you get after an injury?

Many people are concerned about how much they will get in benefits. There is real reason for concern, as the system is complex, and you must ensure that every possible benefit is applied for, and all documentation submitted correctly. There are also time restrictions that if you apply past the allotted time window, you will have lost your ability to get benefits. It is important to get the application submitted in a timely manner, and with all the necessary supporting documentation.

Some doctors may be more willing than others to completely state your condition and the actual necessary recovery time. Some people have been forced to return to work for financial reasons before they have had enough time to truly recover from their injuries. Don't let this happen to you, or to your family member. The least you deserve is fair compensation and time to heal.

Filing a Workers' Compensation Claim in Thousand Oaks?

The first step in a claim is to ensure you inform your employer of the injury immediately. Your employer can ask to have your injuries evaluated by a specific medical facility. You have the right to get another medical opinion, and this is frequently necessary. The first form is the DWC 1, Workers' Compensation Claim Form. We can help you with this form, as it is of ultimate importance to the final outcome of your claim. Your claim will be processed by a "Claims Administrator."

It is very important that this form is submitted early. Your employer selects the PTP (Primary Treating Physician). There are also cases in which you can be treated by your own doctor or medical group. If it appears that you will need treatment for longer than 30 days, it is possible that you could then switch to a doctor you choose.

There are complex issues in any workers' comp claim, including what type of health insurance you have, or if your employer provides it. We advise you to contact our firm, particularly if you or your loved one was seriously injured, if you have become seriously ill, either physically or mentally, or are the victim of a workplace crime. We know how to take the case in hand, how to protect you and the privacy of your medical records. We are prepared to assist you to fight for every possible benefit that you could be eligible to receive.

Contact our firm and speak to our Thousand Oaks workers' compensation lawyer for more information about claims and your right to fair benefits.

Contact Us Today

Initial Consultations are Free and Confidential
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.